Monday, March 01, 2010

Sri Rudram and Chamakam

Well,  today is my fourth day since I'd started my "spiritual saathana".... I've decided to learn to meditate and try and study the or listen to the "Rudram".  So everyday I have been listening to "Rudram" and learn it.

Rudram is a hyme devoted to 'Lord Shiva'. The hyme is in two parts - first part is known as the 'Namakam' and the second is the   'Chamakam'.  Namakam is asking Lord shiva to forget his fierceful look and become peaceful and bless us.  Chamakam is listing the number of blessings we got from praying to 'Lord Shiva', and asking him to bless our lives.  Below are the audio files.

Sri Rudram mp3
Chamakam mp3

Vedha's are so pure and listening to the above chantings gave me a different experience that is beyond words to describe.  As I mentioned in the previous posts, it is very difficult for me to sit and meditate.  I day dream and think about a lot of irrelevant things and fool myself.  Interestingly,  when I was listening to the above chantings ( only Sri Rudram, I haven't started listening to Chamakam),  I was in a different state - at least I think.  I wasn't day dreaming as I used to.  I should correct my self - I wasn't day dreaming as much as I used to.  Let's see how well I do in future...

Here is a document explaining the meaning of Sri Rudram and Chamakam.


Sri Rudram with Translation and Interpretation

0 comments:

Post a Comment

QUOTE

"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it. " - Sai Baba

At the Feet Of Shiridi Saibaba

Hindu Blog

Thoughts

Spiritual Life