Friday, June 24, 2011

Waste of Time

Visit - http://humanvalueshub.blogspot.com/

There was a doctor in Benares who spent 5 minutes in the morning and 5 in the evening for meditation on God. Knowing this, his colleagues and friends laughed at the idiosyncrasy. One day they argued that he was wasting ten precious minutes on something which he had been misled into believing. The doctor replied: "Well, if God does not exist, I agree that I am wasting ten minutes a day. But, what if He exists? I am afraid you are wasting your entire lifetime. I prefer to waste ten minutes rather than a lifetime. Why should you grudge me the ten-minutes-joy that I derive therefrom? I am not robbing you of your joy; why should you rob me of mine?" he asked. The cynics were silenced.

Man people do not realize that by wasting a few seconds everyday, those few seconds add up and eventually become a minute, an hour, a day, etc. We should at least dedicate a few minutes for God every day. It is better to start now than never. this man only spent 10 minutes a day, which was much better than this friends, who wasted thier whole life on worldly matters and not God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

QUOTE

"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it. " - Sai Baba

At the Feet Of Shiridi Saibaba

Hindu Blog

Thoughts

Spiritual Life