Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Happiness....

"You have it in your power to make your days on Earth a path of flowers, instead of a path of thorns.”
Today as I was reading Sai Baba's quotations I came across this one.  So true,  life is full of events and what we make out of it is in our hands.  Having eternal happiness is also in our hands.  We have the tendency to blame others and other things for our sadness - No,  an event or person or thing can't bring us joy or sadness, it is us, how we perceive things, matters, people bring us feelings.  Our joy is in our hands.  Such a powerful but true statement.


From a different angle - Life is full of choices,  Life is full of duality... Good / Evil, Happiness / Sadness, Nice / Not so nice, Right / Wrong.  The choice is ours.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right!I've learned the hard way that, you must not 'sweat the small stuff' and not let every little thing aggrevate you; pick and choose your battles. Since I've started working on this, I feel a sense of calmness and my stress levels have decreased, allowing me to focus and appreciate my life more and not take it for granted.

    www.asideoflove.com

    ReplyDelete

QUOTE

"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it. " - Sai Baba

At the Feet Of Shiridi Saibaba

Hindu Blog

Thoughts

Spiritual Life